My main task about graphic design in Foodinthebox was a full rebranding. New logo, new color pallet, new font and new focus according to the changes on the business model changes that were happening in the company. Foodinthebox is a company based in Madrid that sells boxes with all the necessary ingredients for cooking recipes they offer on their website. I also worked on their website and taking food pictures.
After dozens of prototypes, putting concepts together and testing different ideas we came to this new branding. For the launching of the new branding I wrote this detailed post about it [Spanish]. It was a radical change to the previous logo, font and color palette, which you can see in this PDF.
The logo is a combination of the following elements/concepts:
• Box: as a basic element, referring to what the brand is and its name. It also represents a house or home, where the final product will be created.
• Heart: it brings the health factor, and also the emotion and inspiration, present in the experiences which Foodinthebox makes possible.
• Spoon: as a representative of the cooking utensils and the “do it yourself” or the “you cook it, you eat it”.
• Colors: the soft and warm gradient means the importance of the maturation process, of evolution, in this case referred to the food, but not exclusively. At the same time it represents the variety of recipes and ingredients offered.
• New font: the new font is softer and more rounded, using only lowercases for the brand name, trying to transmit smoothness and humanity. It’s also shown on a eggplant color, organic and visible but differing from the coldness of a gray or black tone.